CLCGA Spring Meetings Cancelled

Further to our cancellation of the County Mixed and County Championship, England Golf have advised postponement of all County and Regional events until at least 7th June. In addition to this they have now directed all Golf Courses to close until further notice. Therefore our two Spring Meetings, the Bronze at Merlin and Silver at Perranporth are added the list of cancellations.

To be clear, we considered postponement rather than cancellation of County Champs, but felt that due to ongoing uncertainty as to when events may take place again, and the logistical challenge of finding a course who could host us for four days at short notice, postponement was not a realistic option. Believe me the decision was taken after a great deal of deliberation by your committee who have worked incredibly hard setting these events up and now are working hard again to ‘undo’ them. 

If any players who have entered these competitions could email Mo Hammond their bank details she will be able to organise a refund.

Mo Hammond email address is

The first actual round of the Gammon Trophy, due to be played on 7th June, will be reviewed in due course, as will the Baron Rose Bowl, and decisions will obviously depend on restrictions which might be in place nearer the time.

In the meantime take care and stay safe.

Vicki Stevenson

County Captain 

Follow Us



scattered clouds
9 ° C
11.6 °
7.2 °
93 %
40 %
10 °
9 °
7 °
10 °
12 °