CLCGA Competitions 2020

It is with heavy hearts that your committee have decided to cancel all remaining CLCGA events this year. This includes The Gammon Trophy, all League Matches, Vice Presidents Cup, Flag Day, the Bronze and Silver Autumn Meetings, the Jubilee and the League Finals.

There are so many factors to take into account in making this decision. Clubhouses are reopening but have significantly reduced capacity, so meals and presentations are not feasible for the time being. Changing room and toilet facilities would be difficult to manage for potentially large numbers of visiting players. Restrictions on sharing cars means travelling to events together would not be allowed. From the point of view of the Golf Clubs who have had such a difficult time, we feel it would be unfair to ask for course time when we would not be using the clubhouse. We also have to consider the safety of the members of the committee who would be meeting and greeting players and processing cards.

This is not the way any of us could have foreseen our year unfolding I’m sure. When we made the decision to cancel the County Mixed back in March, it seemed a somewhat bold and shocking move. Further decisions around County champs, SWICMW, Junior SW Match week at Carlyon Bay and whether to send a team to National Finals, along with all our other CLCGA events have all been big decisions to make, and so far have proved to be the right decision. I think to cancel the remainder of our season is the right decision too.

Refunds will be processed as soon as possible.

We hope you will continue to enjoy getting back out on to your own course, playing competitions if possible, and we look forward to hopefully getting underway with a full programme of events next year. 

Stay safe!

Vicki Stevenson, County Captain 

Follow Us



light rain
4.9 ° C
5.8 °
1.4 °
93 %
40 %
5 °
8 °
4 °
3 °
5 °